June 14, 2018

Nothing Ventured...

Sitting down and creating a blog is something I've contemplated doing for years. In fact, I actually did start this thing years ago, but then I got in my own way and never posted anything else to it. A few years later, I logged back in, deleted the *maybe* two posts that existed, told myself I would actually start this time, and yet again never did. 



I don't know what makes me think it will be different this time, other than that I actually feel differently towards it now. We've lived in this house for five years, and there are still SO many things left undone (one room even still has some unpacked boxes!), but I've slowly been adding things here, DIYing things there, and making this house look and feel more like a home.



My two biggest obstacles are:
1. MONEY. I've always had expensive taste, but I was raised by two teachers and became one myself, so we've always had to figure out ways to create the expensive look for less. Because of that, even if I had the money to drop on designing all of my rooms at once (or even one entire room at once...), I still don't think I could spend that much money at once.

2. INDECISIVENESS. I change my mind ALL. THE. TIME. I think I want one thing, then by the time I have the money saved up for it, I question myself and end up getting nothing and put the money towards something else instead. Case in point -- I've always wanted botanical prints in my house, and all you have to do is print them, but I keep changing my mind as to where I want them (but I think I've finally figured that out...I better hang them before I change my mind again!).



So here's to hoping I can force myself to find/make the time to stick with this project. Because I think this will be a good way to keep track of what I've done/what I want to do with this house. And because if I've thought about it since I was in college (2008-2012) and I'm still thinking about it now, I should just do it.

(Photos of things I've already done to keep myself motivated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment